From: mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org [mailto:mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org]
On Behalf Of Jungwook Choi
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 7:42 AM
To: General MEMS discussion
Subject: [mems-talk] Temperature measurement of microheater

Dear all,

I fabricated a silicon microheater on an SOI wafer. The dimensions of the
microheater are 5 um width and 50 um long.

I need to measure the temperature distribution of microheater when it is
joule-heated. I expect the highest temperature of the microheater to be
around 1000˚C. So, I tried to utilize IR camera, but the resolution of IR
camera in my facility is 70 um. In the case of scanning thermal microscope,
the maximum measureable temperature is limited below 200˚C.

Which apparatus is adequate for my situation? Any suggestions and comments
would be highly appreciated regarding above issues.

Thanks,

J. Choi

reply