From: mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org
[mailto:mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org]On Behalf Of DEBASHIS MAJI
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:24 PM
To: General MEMS discussion
Subject: [mems-talk] Piranha Reaction

Dear all,

I shall be highly thankful if anyone can kindly tell the effect of change in
the ratio of H2O2 and H2SO4 (normally 1:1) in Piranha solution. I know that
this reaction takes place in the following order : H2O2 + H2SO4 = HSO4(-) +
H3O(+) + O. It is this nascent oxygen that is used in cleaning or surface
treatment, etc. I would like to know the effect of increase in sulphuric
acid conc. say from 1:1 to 3:1 in the piranha solution. Would it result in
more vigorous reaction with more nascent O? if so how do the equations
go...?

Kindly help me out regarding this. Thanks in advance.

Debashis Maji
reply