durusmail: mems-talk: Stripping SU-8
Stripping SU-8
mikas remeika
2010-02-01
I've worked with SU-8 2000.5, which is only 0.5 up thin, but overall
its not hard to strip if its not hard baked.

Remover PG will remove a about 90-95% of it, however you always need
to follow with oxygen plasma to get a clean surface. In my case I do
lifoff, so I have to sonicate in 80C Remover PG, and then follow with
an oxyden plasma descum to clean off remaining bits of SU-8.

I found that SU-8 is actually etched more efficiently by O2 plasma
than a, say, S18xx series resists.

Also, something to note, Omnicoat which microchem recommends as an
underlayer for applications where SU-8 removal is required, showed
extremely poor performance in my trials. It may be ok for larger
features, but for ~10um features it was impossible to develop reliably
without damaging the pattern.

-mikas

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 8:33 AM, David Pierce  wrote:
> Paul,
>
> I use an oxygen plasma to strip SU-8 and it seems to work well.
>
> David
>

> On Feb 1, 2010, at 10:04 AM, Paul Nguyen wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Regarding Su-8 resist, does anyone have experience on how hard to strip this
>> resist?  My colleagues have mentioned to me that they have had a hard time
>> stripping it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Paul
reply