From: mems-talk-bounces+bmoffat=yieldengineering.com@memsnet.org
[mailto:mems-talk-bounces+bmoffat=yieldengineering.com@memsnet.org] On
Behalf Of David Casale
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 2:08 PM
To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
Subject: [mems-talk] Futurrex negative lift-off resists

I have recently been using NR9-1500PY resist from Futurrex for lift-off
metallization and wanted to see if anyone else has the same experience
that I am having with the resist. I am using a Bachur upright exposure
unit with near UV exposure, vacuum contact printing, and hotplates for
the PAB and PEB. I have been developing using full strength TMAH based
developer. My experience thus far is that the process latitude is very
small for getting the resist to work properly. I have noticed a
significant difference in the amount of undercut based on exposure and
develop times, and a also occasionally the resist just seems completely
over exposed and unable to develop at all. I also notice quite a bit of
variation in the amount of undercut over a 7"X7" area. I am just curious
if I am missing something in my process control that is common, or if
this is just the nature of using this type of LOR.

Sincerely,

David Casale
R&D Engineer
www.maxlevy.com  Max Levy Autograph 2710