durusmail: mems-talk: Argon plasma color
Argon plasma color
Argon plasma color
Birol Kuyel
2010-09-08
Dear Debashish,

At higher energy Ar Plasma color goes to purple to blue: (email me directly
at main@nanomaster.com) to see two pictures on
the bottom of the WG where one plate is in Ar plasma the second one is in
the same plasma with -1000V bias.

On the other hand, in sputtering, plasma in front of the magnetron changes
color with the material being sputtered as well; for example Cu would make
the plasma color Green.

Power and pressure relates to brightness of the color (plasma density) but
if you further increase or lower the pressure you would lose the plasma
altogether.

Regards,

Birol Kuyel, Ph.D.
Nano-Master Inc.