durusmail: mems-talk: Glue for ion beam etching
Glue for ion beam etching
Glue for ion beam etching
Brad Cantos
2010-11-23
Hi Daniel,

Have you tried any waxes?  I have used Apeizon W for such applications.  It has
a melting point around 150˚C and is soluble in xylene.  I'm not sure of other
solvents, though.

Brad
_________________________________

Brad Cantos
brad.cantos@holage.com
http://holage.com

On 23 Nov 2010, at 8:18 AM, Grimm, Dr. Daniel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have an Argon ion beam etcher from Roth & Rau. In this etching
> machine, the samples are upside-down. In order to prevent them from
> falling into our turbo, we are using silver glue. However, for obvious
> reasons (a lot of contamination), I want to change the glue.
>
> Does anyone have experience with a high vacuum glue which is thermal as
> well as electrical conductive and which is easy to remove with normal
> solvents (acetone, NMP, DMSO, KwikStrip)?
>
> Best wishes
> Daniel
reply