durusmail: mems-talk: Long DRIE O2 cleans?
Long DRIE O2 cleans?
2011-11-29
Long DRIE O2 cleans?
ashwini jambhalikar
2011-11-30
Hi Michael,

We are regularly doing O2 clean for 30 minutes, and that doesn't seem to
have affected our 0-ring  for the helium cooling chuck,
we are using the STS DRIE for last 5 years, and I have not come across
people from STS telling that if you do O2 clean more time it may affect
Helium cooling chuck, this is a new information for me, and I am not sure
if this is true.

STS,/SPTS can you clarify?

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 10:59 PM, Michael Martin <
michael.martin@themicrowerks.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
>   We have a user that has been doing some carbon nanotube oxygen etching
> using the ICP source on our STS DRIE.  He claims that in order to get his
> process to work well (to completely stop silicon etching) he has to O2
> clean the chamber for up to 2 hours (I'm guessing 600W of ICP).  I have
> concerns that our O-ring for the Helium cooling chuck will be damaged in no
> time as I seem to recall the STS suggests only 15 minutes of O2 clean.  I
> will contact STS as well but wanted do get some opinions from this forum as
> well.
>
> Thanks,
>  Michael

Ashwini Jambhalikar
Scientist,
MEMS Section,Laboratory for Electro Optic Systems
Indian Space Research Organisation
1st Cross, 1st Stage, Peenya Industrial Estate, Bangalore 560058.

Phone:2839 2294, 2839 2291 ext 2212
reply