durusmail: mems-talk: Adhesion of Cr/Pt to SiO2
Adhesion of Cr/Pt to SiO2
Adhesion of Cr/Pt to SiO2
Felix Lu
2012-02-02
Hi Peter,

  My best guess - Your O2 plasma is causing the de-adhesion. I'm guessing that
the O2 plasma is making the surface of the PECVD off-stoichiometric oxide more
stoichiometric and causing a delaminating layer. The stress of the Cr then pulls
it up easily. So I would try skipping the ash and/or using a low stress Cr
deposition process.

Good luck!

Felix

On Feb 1, 2012, at 5:30 AM, Kuijpers, Peter wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> At this moment we evaporate a 10nm Cr/200nm Pt film onto
> a PECVD applied SiO2 layer.
>
> But afterwards we observe sever adhesion problems, despite
> an O2 plasma prior to evaporation.
>
> Does someone has another suggestion to improve adhesion of the Cr/Pt film
> towards the SiO2 layer?
>
> We cannot use a sputter process.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Peter Kuijpers