durusmail: mems-talk: Adhesion of Cr/Pt to SiO2
Adhesion of Cr/Pt to SiO2
Adhesion of Cr/Pt to SiO2
Kipp Schoenwald
2012-02-02
Hello Peter,

     Without seeing pictures of the delamination, it is hard to evaluate
the mechanism by which this happens.  Depending on the cleanliness moving
between your PECVD Oxide and the metal deposition, however, you may not
even need to do an O2 plasma.  If you try this and it fails, consider a
short piranha clean to remove organic materials whilst making most surfaces
hydrophilic.

Kipp

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 5:30 AM, Kuijpers, Peter
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> At this moment we evaporate a 10nm Cr/200nm Pt film onto
> a PECVD applied SiO2 layer.
>
> But afterwards we observe sever adhesion problems, despite
> an O2 plasma prior to evaporation.
>
> Does someone has another suggestion to improve adhesion of the Cr/Pt film
> towards the SiO2 layer?
>
> We cannot use a sputter process.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Peter Kuijpers