From: mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org
[mailto:mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org] On Behalf Of Xing Sheng
Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:20 PM
To: mems-talk
Subject: [mems-talk] silicon KOH etch

Hi,

I have a question about 100 silicon wafer KOH anisotropic etch.

I opened a square window on 100 silicon using SiN as protection.
Normally the window should be aligned along 110 direction, so that we
can get inverted pyramid structure, and the plane angle is 55 degree.
However, I opened the window along 100 direction. It seems similar
pyramid is obtained. This is weird. What is the plane direction I got,
and what is the side wall angle at this time?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Xing Sheng