From: mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org [mailto:mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org]
On Behalf Of Xing Sheng
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2012 4:30 PM
To: mems-talk
Subject: Re: [mems-talk] silicon KOH etch

That was what I expected. However, I still get a pit of size d^2 along 100
direction, and the facet angle is almost 55 degree. So I get confused...

------------------
Best regards,

Xing Sheng

2012-03-01

From: Roger Shile
Date: 2012-03-01 15:49
To: General MEMS discussion
Subject: Re: [mems-talk] silicon KOH etch Any shape of mask opening will
eventually etch to a pyramidal pit bounded by 111 planes.  The orientation
of this pit is fixed.  The size is determined by the extent of the mask
opening in the 110 directions.
A square opening with side length d aligned to the 100 direction will result
in a pyramidal pit with a base dimension d*sqrt2.  (a square circumscribed
on the original square at 45 degrees).

Roger Shile