durusmail: mems-talk: General Cleaning and Removal of blockage of microchannel
General Cleaning and Removal of blockage of microchannel
General Cleaning and Removal of blockage of microchannel
Kevin Nichols
2013-03-15
If it's truly stuck (have you tried just flowing backwards?) find a
box furnace and stick it in overnight at 400 C (**ramp at ~8 C per
hour max**). You'll either melt of decompose your dye at that point.
It's not going to go away or look pretty when you're done, but there's
a good chance it'll reflow to the point where you can get at least
some liquid past it. If you need to push the temp further, don't take
the chips above about 500 C. Thermal bonding of glass chips is
typically done around 600 C, so you'll risk deformation at some point,
and it won't make a difference to the dye.

Next time, use a filter :-)

- Kevin