durusmail: mems-talk: Ansys for MEMS electrostatic calculations
Ansys for MEMS electrostatic calculations
Youmin Wang (2 parts)
2013-11-05
Youmin Wang (2 parts)
2013-11-11
Daniel Shaw (2 parts)
2013-11-13
Youmin Wang (2 parts)
2013-11-19
Daniel Shaw (2 parts)
2014-01-16
Daniel Shaw (2 parts)
Ansys for MEMS electrostatic calculations
Daniel Shaw
2013-11-19
Youmin:

I doubt that the crash is caused by running out of memory, but I am not
sure.  If insufficient RAM exists, the MAPDL solver should run fine
out-of-core.  What error message is given in the output file?

To join the air and structural mesh, you need to share nodes (i.e.,
contiguous mesh) or create a contact interface(s).  I recommend using a
contiguous mesh if possible.

Dan