From: mems-talk-bounces+bmoffat=yieldengineering.com@memsnet.org [mailto:mems-
talk-bounces+bmoffat=yieldengineering.com@memsnet.org] On Behalf Of Youmin Wang
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 7:55 PM
To: General MEMS discussion
Subject: [mems-talk] Wearing caused contact performance degradation for MEMS
devices

Dear ALL,

I am currently working on the wearing caused degradation issue, for a
micromirror device involving the contact of the mirror tip with the landing
base, similar to a RF switch.
As you may know, the contact performance, typically referring to the release
voltage, degrades greatly after large amout of cycles of contact/release. I am
assuming the material exchange or the surface roughness change are causing this,
for which ANSYS simulation of wearing performance will shed light on the
direction for the improvement.
I am just wondering whether anyone of you have used ANSYS for wearing/roughness
change under this topic, and do you have any comments on my idea of using ANSYS
to deal with contact performance degradation?

Thanks.

Youmin Wang