durusmail: mems-talk: Tips for fabrication of microchannel heat sinks
Tips for fabrication of microchannel heat sinks
Tips for fabrication of microchannel heat sinks
Gianmario Scotti
2015-04-23
Hello Leily,

mke the inlet holes in the silicon wafer using the same process you will
use to etch the channels.

Good luck,

mario

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 1:20 AM, Leily Majidi  wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For my project, I want to fabricate microchannels on silicon wafer and I
> need some help.I have a 4 inch silicon wafer and my channels are going to
> be etched on chips with the dimensions of 15 mm by 15 mm. The channels are
> 300 micron deep and the smallest width of channels is 50 microns. Another
> thing is that my coolant is a segmented glow containing liquid metal
> (Galinstan) and mineral oil, and Galinstan is corrosive to metals.
> I read in different literature that anodic bonding is used to cover the
> chip with glass. If I use the same process, how can I connect my inlet and
> outlet tubes to the chip to pump the coolant? Should I make holes on glass?
>
> I'd appreciate any help.
> Thank you
> Leily

Gianmario Scotti

Post-doc researcher
Helsinki University
Division of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology
Viikinkaari 5E (PO Box 56) FI-00014
http://www.helsinki.fi/pharmacy/chemtech/en/index.html

Visiting researcher
Aalto University, School of Electrical Engineering
http://elec.aalto.fi/en/

Micronova, Tietotie 3
02150 Espoo
Finland