durusmail: mems-talk: e-beam evaporation of SiO2
e-beam evaporation of SiO2
e-beam evaporation of SiO2
Brad Cantos
2018-06-14
Mehmet,
We used to evaporate SiO2 a few decades ago (in the 1980’s). Our layers were
only about 2000Å, which is a far cry from 6 µm, and the main problem was that
the material was highly stressed and tended to flake off the walls of the
evaporator after only a couple of runs. I couldn’t cite any mechanical
properties at this point. Perhaps heating the substrate could help to dial in
the stress but it was not an option for us. We ultimately abandoned it to a
plasma deposition process of Si3N4.

Brad Cantos
brad.cantos@holage.com
http://holage.com