durusmail: mems-talk: Re: Posting Follow-Up Summaries
Re: Posting Follow-Up Summaries
Re: Posting Follow-Up Summaries
Anthony McCarthy
1999-02-08
At 2:40 PM -0500 2/5/99, Straub, Marc (M.A.) wrote:
>Hi folks.  As someone who has been participating in this discussion group
>for a few years now, I have noticed that lately it has become much less of a
>_discussion_ oriented forum, and more of a place to simply ask questions
>that are seemingly never answered.  I know this is not the case, but rather
>most respondents choose to reply directly to the questioner without CC-ing
>the list.  I agree that this is probably best in most cases, as we all
>probably get too much email as it is, but I would really like to hear the
>answers to many of the questions.
>
>May I suggest that the questioner take it upon him or herself to compile the
>best of the responses that they receive and then post a follow-up message to
>the group, when appropriate, so that we might all share.  The Subject Header
>might be of the form "Re: Posting Follow-Up Summaries [SUMMARY]" or
>"FOLLOW-UP: Posting Follow-Up Summaries."  I thank those who have done this
>in the past.
>
>I think this will make for a more interesting and enlightening forum.
>Thanks for your time.
>
>--
>Marc Straub
>Advanced Technology Development
>Visteon Automotive Systems, Ford Motor Company
>Dearborn, MI  USA

I think this is a great idea!
It could be included in the introductory comments for joining the group.
Good citizenship implies not just participation but also includes sharing!

Anthony

Anthony M. McCarthy Ph.D.      |
UC-LLNL (925) 422 7361         |  Stanford University
Radiation-Hard Si Electronics   |  Integrated Circuits Lab: (650) 725 3681
mccarthy1@llnl.gov                      |  mccarthy@conquest.stanford.edu

reply