durusmail: mems-talk: Re: gold wire bonding problem
Re: gold wire bonding problem
Re: gold wire bonding problem
Matthias Gross
2000-10-10
Use an adhesion promoter for the gold. This can be a thin (< 30nm)
film of Ti or Cr which you put between the SiO2 and the gold.
Regards,
Matthias

On 9 Oct 2000, at 19:41, Michael Xiong wrote:

> Dear MEMS colleague:
>
> I met some problem on gold wire bonding(packaging),
> and I highly appreciate your kind instructions.
>
> I grow SiO2 on Silicon wafer, then deposit gold film
> on the SiO2. When I make gold wire bonding to the gold
> film on SiO2, I met problem, the gold wire pull off a
> small hole on gold film after 1st bonding, it cannot
> stick with the gold film. Could you please give me
> some instructions? Any information is appreciated.
> Thank you in advance. My email: xxghl@yahoo.com
>
> have a nice day!
>
> Xiong

> http://photos.yahoo.com/

Dipl.-Phys. Matthias Gross
Fraunhofer-Institut Biomedizinische Technik
Ensheimer Str. 48
D-66386 St. Ingbert
Germany
Tel.:   +49 (0)6894 980-276