durusmail: mems-talk: Is there a way to align two sides of wafer
Is there a way to align two sides of wafer
Is there a way to align two sides of wafer
StéphaneDURAND
2002-02-19
Hi Marty,

I have used a Karl S|ss MJB3 single-side mask aligner to process
double-side alignment. The only way to process (I mean the only one I
found) is to etch through holes in the wafer. This causes some problems :
Photoresist coating becomes more difficult to process (you need a special
device such as Karl S|ss gyrset  and a dedicated chuck to prevent your
spincoater from "swallowing" photoresist). But the main problem remains the
time needed by through holes etching. However, on good silicon cuts (I mean
(100) with square holes), you can achieve a +/- 5 5m alignment (it strongly
depends on the alignment pattern you will use).

Hope it will be a helpfull tip.

Stephane.

Dr Stephane Durand
Senior lecturer
Micro_Cap_Ouest
Laboratoire d'Acoustique de l'Universite du Maine
avenue Olivier Messiaen
72085 Le Mans cedex 9
France

At 09:32 19/02/02 -0500, vous avez icrit:
>Dear Mems group,
>
>I have a single side mask aligner.  Is there a method by which this
>aligner can be used to align features on both sides of the wafer?
>
>Thanks for your assistance.
>
>Marty
>
>Martin O. Patton
>Senior Research Engineer
>Essential Research Incorporated
>6410 Eastland Road
>Cleveland, Ohio 44142
>www.er.com
>(440) 816-9850
>Hosted by the MEMS Exchange, providers of MEMS processing services.
>Visit us at http://www.mems-exchange.org/

reply