durusmail: mems-talk: Tantalum
Tantalum
adnan merhaba
2002-03-25
hello samrat,

you can use positive 1818 resist which will hold up
during your tantalum etching.
tantalum is a relatively easy material to sputter, but
1 micron may take you a significant time. We use DC
magnetron sputtering using 0.7 KW power (guess shuld
be good for your temperature condition) and 14mTorr of
Ar gas (no bias), and it gives us a pretty uniform low
stress Ta film.
Just curious, what is the intended purpose of your Ta
film?

Regards,
Adnan Merhaba

--- Samrat Mukherjee  wrote:
> Hi ,
>    Could any one give me some information about
> Tantulum. I would like to know the following.
>
> 1: How do you pattern Tantalum? I know that you can
> use HF:HNO3=1:1 to etch Ta, but what can you use to
> protect the region that you donot want to etch.
>
> 2: What are the sputtering conditions in which you
> can
> get very low stress Ta-film that is 1 micron thick.
> The Ta is being sputtered on  Palladium. Also, I
> cannot heat the substrate above 600 degree C.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Samrat
> Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards.
> http://movies.yahoo.com/
> Hosted by the MEMS Exchange, providers of MEMS
> processing services.
> Visit us at http://www.mems-exchange.org/
http://movies.yahoo.com/

reply