From: Samrat Mukherjee [mailto:kamakal2000@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 1:49 PM
To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
Subject: [mems-talk] Tantalum

Hi ,
   Could any one give me some information about
Tantulum. I would like to know the following.

1: How do you pattern Tantalum? I know that you can
use HF:HNO3=1:1 to etch Ta, but what can you use to
protect the region that you donot want to etch.

2: What are the sputtering conditions in which you can
get very low stress Ta-film that is 1 micron thick.
The Ta is being sputtered on  Palladium. Also, I
cannot heat the substrate above 600 degree C.

Thanks,

Samrat
http://movies.yahoo.com/
Hosted by the MEMS Exchange, providers of MEMS processing services.
Visit us at http://www.mems-exchange.org/

reply