        Fra: Isaac Wing Tak Chan [mailto:iwchan@venus.uwaterloo.ca]
        Sendt: ma 10-03-2003 17:00
        Til: General MEMS discussion
        Cc: S.O. Ryu
        Emne: Re: [mems-talk] What is the etch rate of SU-8 in O2 plasma?

        Hi,

                May I add a question? I've tried to ash SU-8 with O2 plasma in
        ICP/RIE system. But there is a film of residue on wafer. Have you seen
        such problem?

        Isaac

        On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 BobHendu@aol.com wrote:

        > What type of reactor do you have? Is it a barrel asher or a single
wafer system. OUr experience with oxygen and su8 shows it will ash but it is
better if you have not done the second bake. This has been done in an icp/rie
system and the etch rate is a little less than other negative working
photoresists. Bob Henderson

talk
        > Hosted by the MEMS Exchange, providers of MEMS processing services.
        > Visit us at http://www.memsnet.org/

        Yours sincerely,

        Isaac Chan

        Ph.D. Candidate
        Dept. Electrical & Computer Engineering
        University of Waterloo
        200 University Ave. W
        Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
        N2L 3V1
        Tel: (519) 729-6409, ext. 6014
        Fax: (519) 746-6321
        iwchan@venus.uwaterloo.ca
        http://www.ece.uwaterloo.ca/~a-sidic

        Hosted by the MEMS Exchange, providers of MEMS processing services.
        Visit us at http://www.memsnet.org/

reply