durusmail: qp: Twisted - Was: Re: Quixote, QP, the future...?
Twisted - Was: Re: Quixote, QP, the future...?
Twisted - Was: Re: Quixote, QP, the future...?
David Binger
2006-04-09
On Apr 9, 2006, at 10:54 AM, David K. Hess wrote:

> > It would also be cool if we could make QP and Durus twisted-
> friendly.
> > Would that be difficult?
>
> Is anyone working on this? Have any goals been set for what this
> integration should look like architecturally? I'm interested in
> helping out and/or doing the work myself.
>
> Dave

After I posted that question, Toni Alatalo pointed out that he has
been using
quixote and durus with twisted, so maybe there is not any integration
work
that really needs to be done.   If it works with Quixote, it will
work with QP.
Toni, if you see this, could you describe your twisted+quixote+durus
setup?

One way might be to use the QP scgi server and the scgi support that is
in twisted.  It would be nice to have a recipe for this posted here.

The README.txt in the next release wil include the following about an
Apache
setup, which may include some information useful for a twisted-based
installation.

QP with Apache + mod_scgi
-----------------------

You can also use Apache with QP.  This provides an alternative way to
support SSL connections.  Do do that, omit the "http_address" and
"as_http_address" keys from your site's Publisher configuration
dictionary.
(You should leave the "https_address" key in the configuration.  It is
needed when applications want to http connections to the https port.)
That way, the QP site management tool won't start QP's own http server.
You'll also need the apache modules mod_scgi and ssl_module installed,
and configuration directives something like the following (for Apache
1).

     Listen 80
     Listen 443

     ServerName www.example.org
     SCGIMount / 127.0.0.1:9000

     ServerName www.example.org
     SCGIMount / 127.0.0.1:9000
     SSLEngine on
     SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
     SSLCertificateFile /my/ssl/server.crt
     SSLCertificateKeyFile /my/ssl/server.key

reply