durusmail: qp: Subclassing Site thoughts.
Subclassing Site thoughts.
Subclassing Site thoughts.
David Binger
2006-06-27
On Jun 27, 2006, at 10:33 AM, Peter Wilkinson wrote:

> Another useful piece we've added is a development time reloader
> process that will watch *.py and *.qpy is nominated directories and
> restart QP if any changes are seen. This works very well in
> practice for development. If anyone would like to have a look, let
> me know and I'll send through the code. One small change that would
> be nice given this kind of reload is in stop_web, changing lines
> from 399 to:
>                 kill(pid, signal.SIGTERM)
>                 if self.is_web_running():
>                     sleep(1)
> would be nice as the first sleep isn't often needed when running on
> a lightly loaded development machine, the process just dies
> immediately.

That reminds me that I should say that the next release will add a
quick-restart flag to the "qp" command line tool.  The quick restart
starts a new scgi process in a tricky way that recycles the bound
socket instead of waiting for the port to be released and then
binding again.

reply