durusmail: qp: Anonymous session storage.
Anonymous session storage.
2007-03-08
Anonymous session storage. (Really from Titus Brown).
Anonymous session storage.
Peter Wilkinson
2007-03-09
On 09/03/2007, at 1:25 PM, David Binger wrote:

> One option is to write a subclass of Session that overrides the
> needs_saving() method.  The default behavior is to discard Sessions
> where the "owner" is the null User.  It seems like you do want to
> keep those Sessions under certain circumstances, such as when
> the Session has the values that you want to keep.  If you do this,
> your
> SitePublisher should also override the create_session() method so that
> it returns an instance of your subclass.  This will make it
> possible to
> have sessions that are stored, even for non-authenticated users.
>
> Let us know how it goes.  It seems like a desirable authentication
> option to have.

Thanks David,
That's pretty much what I was going to do so will crack on with that.

I've got to the point where logging in works with just a couple of
hacks to work around this session issue and am very pleased with how
simple it is. Once I have it working reasonably cleanly I'll post the
code.

Peter W.

reply