durusmail: qp: Occasional bugs with durus
Occasional bugs with durus
Occasional bugs with startup
Occasional bugs with durus
David Binger
2007-03-26
On Mar 25, 2007, at 1:24 AM, David K. Hess wrote:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/bin/qp", line 102, in
>     site.stop_durus()
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/qp/lib/site.py",
> line 425, in stop_durus
>     unlink(self.get_durus_pidfile())
> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '[edited].durus.pid'
>
> It looks like a race condition between the durus process removing
> the pidfile and qp also trying to remove the pidfile. Perhaps the
> unlink call in Site.stop_durus should be wrapped with a try: clause?

There are two places in site.py that unlink this file.
One is in a try:except: and the other is not.
I'm going to change site.py so that both ignore OSErrors, and
I think these tracebacks will no longer appear.

Thanks for pointing this out.

reply