durusmail: qp: cookies and redirects
cookies and redirects
mario ruggier
2005-12-12
On Dec 12, 2005, at 2:56 PM, mario ruggier wrote:
> I would like that when a specific url is requested it sets a cookie
> then redirects to the referring url. However, redirection of a request
> causes the response to be re-initialized, and so cookies added to the
> response are lost. Am I missing something?

I guess this would be the give part of the give'n'take deal for the
RespondNow convenience in so many other places. If I do the response
setup myself, so not calling publiser.redirect(), the above works
fine... except that I am obliged to then redirect twice to return the
referrer page after setting the cookie, which I guess is fine although
not sure if this means potential new problems in some cases.

I wonder if it might be generally useful to have a redirect that does
not initialize the response from scratch? Are there other use cases
that fall into this scenario?

mario

reply