durusmail: quixote-users: An issue
An issue
Neil Schemenauer
2001-11-23
On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 09:25:22PM +0000, Mikhail Sobolev wrote:
> I'm trying to implement a simple log.  You can list entries, add
> entries, view entries.   For that I see the following set of URLs:
>
>     .../log             -- gives basic information about the log
>     .../log/  -- shows the specified entry
>     .../log[/]?entry=id -- seems to be also necessary for forms
>     .../log/list        -- view a number of recent entries
>     .../log/list/all    -- view all of them
>
> The error I got for the third case.

The problem is that /log?entry=id is not the same as /log/?entry=id.  In
the first case, Quixote looks for a callable object in the root
namespace called "log".  In the second case, Quixote traverses to the
log namespace and calls _q_index.  It is probably easier to understand
if you remember that "*/" is the same as "*/_q_index".  Also remember,
there is not such thing as a "trailing slash", only an empty trailing
path component.

  Neil

reply