durusmail: quixote-users: Python 2.6 Opensuse 11.1 import Error
Python 2.6 Opensuse 11.1 import Error
Python 2.6 Opensuse 11.1 import Error
Neil Schemenauer
2009-03-30
Robert Ladyman  wrote:
> Having installed Q2.5 and 2.6, when I try to run either
> simpler_server or scgi_server, I get:
>
> TypeError: import_module() takes no keyword arguments
>
> Is this a known problem with Quixote and python 2.6 / 2.5?

It's a problem with Python 2.6.  The ihooks module was broken by the
relative imports feature and no one has fixed it.  The temporary
(and maybe longer term) fix is to use the compile_package function,
e.g. in your __init__.py for a package containing PTL:

    from quixote.ptl import compile_package
    compile_package(__path__)

Regards,

  Neil