durusmail: quixote-users: Python 2.6 Opensuse 11.1 import Error
Python 2.6 Opensuse 11.1 import Error
Python 2.6 Opensuse 11.1 import Error
Robert Ladyman
2009-03-30
Thanks - I'll give that a try, however, mxDateTime also seems to be broken for
Python 2.6 (we need it for Postgres access). Looks like we'll have to
downgrade to Python 2.5.

Oh goodie.

Many thanks.
RJL

On Tuesday 31 March 2009 00:10:35 Neil Schemenauer wrote:
> Robert Ladyman  wrote:
> > Having installed Q2.5 and 2.6, when I try to run either
> > simpler_server or scgi_server, I get:
> >
> > TypeError: import_module() takes no keyword arguments
> >
> > Is this a known problem with Quixote and python 2.6 / 2.5?
>
> It's a problem with Python 2.6.  The ihooks module was broken by the
> relative imports feature and no one has fixed it.  The temporary
> (and maybe longer term) fix is to use the compile_package function,
> e.g. in your __init__.py for a package containing PTL:
>
>     from quixote.ptl import compile_package
>     compile_package(__path__)
>
> Regards,
>
>   Neil

Robert Ladyman
File-Away Limited, 32 Church Street, Newtyle
Perthshire, PH12 8TZ SCOTLAND
Tel: +44 (0) 1828 898 158
Mobile: +44 (0) 7732 771 649
http://www.file-away.co.uk