durusmail: quixote-users: is there an open source web application which is based on python and quixote?
is there an open source web application which is based on python and quixote?
2009-05-20
is there an open source web application which is based on python and quixote?
2009-05-20
is there an open source web application which is based on python and quixote?
2009-05-20
is there an open source web application which is based on python and quixote?
Michael Watkins
2009-05-20
On Wed, May 20, 2009 12:45 am, dream fish wrote:
> i want to write a blog based on python and quixote, just for practising,
> i'm learning. but i found it difficult to me. so, i want to find a good
> example which is not to simple(like the demo in quixote package)

Hopefully someone else will jump in with some better examples than what I
can give you...

I started writing a step by step 'diary' of what it would take to create a
journal or blog application back in 2007 but there are two issues:

1) I never finished; it ends in part 7.

2) It doesn't use Quixote but QP, a cousin of sorts to Quixote. Both QP
and Quixote had their origins in the same place, and both use the same
publishing metaphor and template metaphor. QP calls them QPY vs Quixote's
PTL.

With the forgoing in mind and noting that my pondering style of writing
this up may be more hinderance than anything, maybe it might still provide
some help.

I'm going to port the journal app to Python 3.x shortly and may do a more
succinct and to the point summary of writing a "Q" app then. I've exported
all the content from the app into static HTML while I do that.

[1] http://mikewatkins.ca/tags/qp/ - look for Web Application Diary
starting May 31 2007.

reply