durusmail: quixote-users: Call for applications
Call for applications
Adding access control code (was Re: Call for applications)
2002-09-04
Re: query string handling
2002-09-04
Call for applications
Andrew Kuchling
2002-09-04
On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 10:29:33AM -0700, Titus Brown wrote:
>p.s. One thing that might add a lot to Quixote's appeal is a 1.0 release.
>What are the development timelines, if any?

That's a good question.  I don't think we have anything we want to
add, or that we plan to refactor.  Is there any reason we shouldn't
just stamp 1.0 on Quixote?

The TODO list in the distribution looks a bit out of date; for
example, we've added sendmail.py, added an XML-RPC example, and is
rewriting HTTP{Response,Request} really going to happen?

I'm aware of one minor issue: HTTPRequest doesn't parse form values in
the query string.  Arguably this is a constraining feature, not a bug;
_q_getname makes it easy to have a nice URL like /order/12345/5
instead of /order?no=12345&item=5, and not being able to parse query
strings encourages you to do that.

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
You're unbalanced. No wonder the Doctor always outwits you.
    -- The Rani, to the Master, in "Mark of the Rani"

reply