durusmail: durus-users: Durus 3.7 and Windows
Durus 3.7 and Windows
Durus 3.7 and Windows
David Binger
2007-08-08
On Aug 7, 2007, at 11:28 PM, David K. Hess wrote:

> I collected up the various issues related to 3.7 for Windows that
> popped up on the list into the following patch. Does this seem to
> folks to be the changes necessary for 3.7 on Windows?

Your diff seems to be all we have in the development tree that is
related
to Windows.  If anyone knows of other necessary changes, please
remind us of them.

In addition, we currently have the following log messages:

Remove an unneeded #include line and fix a comment in _persistent.c.

Remove the time-travel Connection from Durus.  This does not
seem worth maintaining as a core capability.

Make ShelfStorage the default FileStorage implementation.
That is, *new* FileStorage instances will use the ShelfStorage
implementation instead of the FileStorage2 implementation.

In the next release (3.8), FileStorage2 will be supported, but
probably deprecated.
I think the code for FileStorage2 should probably be removed
in the release after the next release. (4.0?)
The advantage of ShelfStorage is that it keeps the index of objects
at the time of the last pack on disk, instead of in RAM.  This allows
for faster startup and makes it possible for Durus to work with much
bigger databases.

reply