durusmail: durus-users: Seeking a Volunteer Speaker for a 5-Min Recorded Talk
Seeking a Volunteer Speaker for a 5-Min Recorded Talk
2007-09-09
Seeking a Volunteer Speaker for a 5-Min Recorded Talk
Re: Seeking a Volunteer Speaker for a 5-Min Recorded Talk
2007-09-12
Re: Seeking a Volunteer Speaker for a 5-Min Recorded Talk
Re: Seeking a Volunteer Speaker for a 5-Min Recorded Talk
2007-09-13
Re: Seeking a Volunteer Speaker for a 5-Min Recorded Talk
Seeking a Volunteer Speaker for a 5-Min Recorded Talk
A.M. Kuchling
2007-09-11
On Sun, Sep 09, 2007 at 02:42:18AM -0500, Jeff Rush wrote:
> As Python Advocacy Coordinator, I'm looking for someone who can record a
> 5-minute screencast about the neat aspect of object-oriented databases,
> particularly Durus.

Going to lunch the other day, I was thinking about the content of such
a talk.  I thought it might start by contrasting the SQL approach (run
a query and process the resulting output) with the very Pythonic OO
approach (create a bunch of objects, modify them, commit them).  But
most ORMs also try to provide a Pythonic-looking interface.  Should
the screencast be a more general one that discusses both ORMs and
non-SQL-based OODBs?

On the other hand, that may be pushing what can fit into a screen
cast, especially a 5-minute one.  I'll think some more about a Durus
screencast.

BTW, another screencast idea: IPC with Pyro.

--amk

reply