durusmail: durus-users: Seeking a Volunteer Speaker for a 5-Min Recorded Talk
Seeking a Volunteer Speaker for a 5-Min Recorded Talk
2007-09-09
Seeking a Volunteer Speaker for a 5-Min Recorded Talk
Re: Seeking a Volunteer Speaker for a 5-Min Recorded Talk
2007-09-12
Re: Seeking a Volunteer Speaker for a 5-Min Recorded Talk
Re: Seeking a Volunteer Speaker for a 5-Min Recorded Talk
2007-09-13
Re: Seeking a Volunteer Speaker for a 5-Min Recorded Talk
Seeking a Volunteer Speaker for a 5-Min Recorded Talk
Patrick K. O'Brien
2007-09-11
On Sep 11, 2007, at 10:29 AM, Mike Orr wrote:

> Speaking as somebody who's used SQLAlchemy recently, it has advantages
> and disadvantages wrt Durus. The disadvantage is you have to define
> your tables and columns in addition to your record classes, and you
> have to use somewhat funny syntax to build where clauses (Pythonic but
> still not native).  On the other hand, it's easier to do a SQL query
> or bulk update in one step than to loop through all your records in a
> 'for' statement, plus you can do queries directly in the command-line
> tool.

Hey, Mike.  Do you think you could post examples of a bulk update in
Durus and in SA syntax?  I'm curious to see how they compare to what
I would do in Schevo.  I'll post the Schevo equivalent as well for
all to see.

Thanks,

Pat

--