durusmail: mems-talk: Drie support wafer
Drie support wafer
(211) silicon wafers
Drie support wafer
Xiaoguang Liu
2007-06-18
Hi Jim

Having the slots and rings sounds a clever idea.

I do have a question about the sapphire wafer. How thick is that wafer? Is
it going to influence the back side cooling of your sample? Thanks

Best
Leo

On 6/15/07, Jim Beall  wrote:

> For through etching, I like to use sapphire wafers so I can inspect
> the etch pattern from the back. We also use silicon with a micron or
> 2 of oxide. If I am doing acetone release, I use silicon backing
> wafers that are deep etched slightly (50 microns?) with radial slots
> and rings to make it easier for the acetone to get in from the edges.
reply