From: mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org on behalf of Ferda Mravenec
Sent: Tue 3/18/2008 4:34 AM
To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
Subject: [mems-talk] Ti etching?

Hello all,

I am solving a problem with masking of the boro-silicate and soda-lime =
glass samples. I need a Ti mask on the glass with straight lines without =
Ti layer. The straight lines are from 1 to 3 um (widths of the mask =
opening ). One chance is make Lift off procedure but I think it could be =
done by simpler way.

 I would like to make 100-200 nm Ti layer on the glass surface (i.e. =
BK7...), than I coat a photoresist (i.e. SU8), develop and do =
anisotropic etching of the titanium layer. I have found some solutions =
like H2O2, HF, KOH which are suitable for Ti layer etching but HF is =
dangerous and also I afraid about undercutting and glass surface damage.
Does anyone know some suitable recipe for this work?
reply