From: mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org [mailto:mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org] On
Behalf Of Heiko Prüßner
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 5:42 AM
To: General MEMS discussion
Subject: [mems-talk] Hf resistant Adhesion layer for Au on Si

Dear all,

I had a 20nmCr/ 200nmAu film sputtert on silicon. This setup has been treated at
350°C for an hour. At the final Hf etching step which I used to remove the
BOX of an SOI wafer the Au film peeled of.

Does anybody have an explanation? Do I need a diffusion barrier between the Cr
and the Au? Or has anyone a suggestion for another adhesion layer?
reply