durusmail: mems-talk: Hf resistant Adhesion layer for Au on Si
Hf resistant Adhesion layer for Au on Si
Hf resistant Adhesion layer for Au on Si
Brent Garber
2008-04-03
Heiko,

You could try a Cr/Ni/Au stack, but I never have heated a wafer that
high before with a mask.  Also, are you using 49 percent HF or Buffered
HF?  Concentrated HF tends to undercut most masks.

Brent

Heiko Prüßner wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I had a 20nmCr/ 200nmAu film sputtert on silicon. This setup has been treated
at 350°C for an hour. At the final Hf etching step which I used to remove
the BOX of an SOI wafer the Au film peeled of.

> Does anybody have an explanation? Do I need a diffusion barrier between the Cr
and the Au? Or has anyone a suggestion for another adhesion layer?

reply