durusmail: mems-talk: Silicon fracture strength
Silicon fracture strength
Silicon fracture strength
Andrea Mazzolari
2008-04-20
Hello Shay,

for my application at least one sufaces must be polished, the other one
can be etched. I can realize such crystals with pure chemical wet etching
methods, so crystal quality in the edge will be perfect.

Do you have any reference for the cited values ?

Many thanks,
Andrea

On Dom, 20 Aprile 2008 3:24 pm, shay kaplan wrote:
> Andrea
> This is very tricky. You bet numbers from 0.5 to 30 GP. It is very
> dependent
> on the surface and edge quality of the structure you will test. Usually,
> the
> smaller the structure, the stronger it is because it has less defects.
>
> Best shay

reply