durusmail: mems-talk: SiO2 growth on bare silicon
SiO2 growth on bare silicon
SiO2 growth on bare silicon
Albert Henning
2008-04-23
The work published over time by Grove and his colleagues had a 'fitting'
factor, which appeared in the model as an initial oxide thickness, which
they could never explain.

Subsequently, literally a thousand papers were published on oxidation of
silicon.

As a way to sift through this massive pile, I suggest you look for the
articles by Hisham Massoud, who is a professor of EE at Duke, who at one
point had done what was acknowledged to have been the best work on
oxidation of very thin oxide layers.

Sincerely,

Albert K. Henning, PhD
Director of MEMS Technology