From: mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org
[mailto:mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org]On Behalf Of Sreemanth M Uppuluri
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 12:41 PM
To: General MEMS discussion
Subject: [mems-talk] Aluminum sputtering and evaporation

Hello All,

This is sort of a generalization of one of the previous questions - I am
trying to coat Aluminum films of thickness  around 150nm on quartz
substrates.. I have tried using RF-sputtering and also e-beam evaporation.
In both cases the film quality was not very good. There were these hillocks
forming all over the film. Could anyone please recommend any recipe for
obtaining hillock free Aluminum films.

Thanks,
Sreemanth

reply