durusmail: mems-talk: problem in BHF etching
problem in BHF etching
problem in BHF etching
Mantavya Sinha
2008-09-16
Hi Kamlesh,

Most likely the reason is one of the following:
1. Your PR was not able to withstand BHF for 8 mins and got stripped off
exposing the underlying SiO2. You will know that once you look under the
microscope.

2. You used PECVD/LPCVD oxide instead of thermal oxide. In this case the
oxide etch rate is very high if you use BHF and it laterally etched
through your 6 micron channel width in 8 mins stripping the PR on top
and eventually leaving nothing behind. If this is the case I suggest you
use 1:10 DHF (dilute HF).

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Mantavya