From: mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org [mailto:mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org] On
Behalf Of Daniela Kögler
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 9:05 AM
To: 'General MEMS discussion'
Subject: [mems-talk] Anodic bonding

Dear all,

I have to perform an anodic bond between a Borofloat and a Si Wafer. The
bonding is successful; unfortunately the bow of the package after the
bonding is very high.

I work with a Bonder from the EV Group - AB1 (EVG501).
My parameters are:

Heating 30 min
Bonding 5 min 1000V
Cooling to 150 °C

I tried the temperatures 430 °C and 360 °C.
At 430°C the bow is 225 um, at 360°C the bow is still 200 um.
Can I reduce the bonding temperature with the borofloat wafer to 300°C?

All kinds of suggestions to reduce the bow will be highly appreciated!

Best regards
Daniela
University of Applied Science Esslingen
reply