durusmail: mems-talk: very thick layer of SU-8
very thick layer of SU-8
very thick layer of SU-8
Gareth Jenkins
2008-11-27
Multiple coats should work but you could also consider a technique
called Doctor's blade for such a thick layer.

I've never tried it myself but essentially you just pour the SU-8 onto
your substrate and planarise it using a flat blade and spacers to
define the thickness.

However, I would worry about the SU-8 spilling out during softbake for
such a thick single layer. Hence multiple coats, softbaking each layer
between coats, may be the safest way to go unless someone else can say
otherwise about Doctor blading?

Whatever method you use, expect to spend some time optimising all the
conditions!

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 21:31, John Hilton  wrote:
> You could always deposit and pattern several layers of whatever max
> thickness you can achieve (e.g. 4 layers of 500um thick using SU-8
> 2150).
>
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 2:31 PM, A. AhmadShukri
>  wrote:
>> Hi all--
>>
>> I am wondering if anyone knows how I can deposit a 2mm (yes, 2,00um) layer
>> of SU-8 and pattern it.
reply