durusmail: mems-talk: Au electroplating on Al substrate
Au electroplating on Al substrate
Au electroplating on Al substrate
Oakes Garrett
2009-01-07
Denis,

I think that more specific information regarding the process that you are trying
to use is needed to receive better guidance from this group.  In general, you
could be experiencing issues with surface oxide layers that prevent plating or
adhesion of the plated material to the aluminum itself.

I am by no means a plating expert.  That written, the following webpage is a
good reference for plating materials onto aluminum:

        http://www.eaa.net/eaa/education/TALAT/lectures/5105.pdf

Best of luck,
Garrett Oakes

EV Group
invent * innovate * implement
Regional Sales Manager North America - Direct: +1 (480) 305 2443, Main: +1 (480)
305 2400 Fax: +1 (480) 305 2401
Cell: +1 (480) 516 6724