durusmail: mems-talk: Aluminum Bond pad reference
Aluminum Bond pad reference
Aluminum Bond pad reference
shay kaplan
2009-01-27
Jon

The whole semiconductor industry was using gold wire bond on 1u AL pads for
decades so you should be able to do it.

The wafers are usually shipped to offshore sites for bonding where they go
grind and other processes that will not leave the AL fresh.

Try to ask a capillary or a bonder manufacturer for tips, I'm sure they will
tell you the settings (I haven't done this for 20 years and my memory....)

Shay