durusmail: mems-talk: Looking for mask to make holes in glass
Looking for mask to make holes in glass
Looking for mask to make holes in glass
Pat Kayatta
2009-03-06
Moshe,

We have successfully used PECVD Silicon Carbide as a hard mask for KOH
etching. This film is also relatively unaffected by HF. I recommend you try
PECVD SiC deposition on your glass plate, pattern with photoresist, dry etch
the SiC with a CF4 plasma, then strip the photoresist. Your plate should now
be ready for HF etch.

Best Regards,

Pat Kayatta
Rogue Valley Microdevices