durusmail: mems-talk: About Ansys elements, nodes and MEMS meshing
About Ansys elements, nodes and MEMS meshing
About Ansys elements, nodes and MEMS meshing
MyMEMS Talk
2009-07-14
One way to do this to force how ANSYS divides up the mesh -- instead of
meshing by a certain size for all axis, you could tell it to mesh say by 10
divisions (nodes) along x, 5 divisions along y, and 4 divisions along z --
or something like that.   I don't remember exactly -- haven't done this for
a while but there is a command that break up a line into nodes.  You
partitioned the lines then mesh.

Zard

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 7:15 PM, sniper  wrote:

> Dear Pros,
>
>  Recently I've been working on a simulation of micro hot plate. The 3D
> model was built in Solidworks and then imported into the Ansys.
>  I glued all the volumes, and smart meshed them using SOLID69. However,
> when I list the elements and nodes number, I found the total number of
> elements is approximately 5 times more than that of the nodes. Is the result
> supposed to be like that?
>
>  And here is another question: the micro hot plate (a.k.a heating
> membrane), is so badly proportioned-like with the width 50um but the
> thickness 0.2um and with the substrate 500um thick, when I tried to model
> and mesh it in the real size, the Ansys seems to get stucked and tells me
> not enough memory. How should I reduce the complexity of the model without
> introducing great errors? Could I increase the thickness of the heating
> membrane (so that the mesh could be done) and change the properties of the
> materials ?
reply