durusmail: mems-talk: Bilayer photoresist process
Bilayer photoresist process
Bilayer photoresist process
Andrew Sarangan
2009-10-03
It is still not clear to me what you are attempting to do. Are you
trying to change the sidewall profile of the resist? If so, reflowing
is a good way to go. The spikes you refer to are also not clear to me.

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 4:28 AM, Andrea Lucibello  wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> first of all i want to thank Sebastian, Daniel, Jie and Andrew for their
suggestions....thank you very much.

> Surely the right term to define this type of process is not bylayer process
but planarization/etch-back, and also probably in my mail i have not well
explain my intention, and and i will try to do it now.

> I am using Shipley1818 (positive photoresist) as sacrificial layer for the
realization of a suspended membrane. Now, after the development of the S1818 the
profile is rectangular like as normally have to be. Arrived at this point i want
to change its shape from rectangular to round. To do this i have overdevelop the
resist for 2 minutes and after i have baked it again @180°C for 10 minutes
having in this way a reflow of the resist. The shape now is changed but not from
rectangual to round but in a rectangular with two spike on the edge...yes the
slope of the profile is changed but not as i wanted. Now my question is: Is
possible change the shape of S1818 from rectangular to round with the deposition
of another photoresist onto the S1818?

> Thank again and sorry for the miserunderstanding.
>
> Have a nice weekend.
>
> Andrea Lucibello
reply